Tampa, Fla. – The Republican National Committee announced today the first list of Speakers for the Republican National Convention August 27-30. Additional convention speakers, including the keynote, will be announced in the coming days and weeks. The speakers are:
- South Carolina Governor Nikki Haley, the first female governor of South Carolina and the youngest sitting governor in the United States;
- Former Arkansas Governor Mike Huckabee, the 44th governor of Arkansas and 2008 presidential candidate is a NY Times best-selling author, radio and television show host;
- Ohio Governor John Kasich, former House Budget Committee chairman;
- New Mexico Governor Susana Martinez, the first female Hispanic governor in the U.S. and the first female governor of New Mexico;
- Arizona Senator John McCain, the party’s 2008 nominee, now serving his fifth term in the U.S. Senate;
- Former U.S. Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice, America’s 66th secretary of state and the first African-American female to hold the position; and
- Florida Governor Rick Scott, from the convention host state.
About the 2012 Republican National Convention The 2012 Republican National Convention will be held at the Tampa Bay Times Forum August 27-30, 2012. Nearly 50,000 visitors are expected to come to the Tampa Bay area for the event, including delegates, alternate delegates, media and other guests. More information about the 2012 Republican National Convention, is available at www.ConventionWithoutWalls.com or www.GOPConvention2012.com.